The number of Americans receiving unemployment benefits jumped to 5 million last month, an all-time high. The result: Desperate people are applying to anything that resembles a job, and HR pros are forced to sift through hundreds more (often unqualified) résumés and applications than normal.
As Pete Ronza, an HR manager at a Minnesota college told CNN, “We could write the ad in Russian and it wouldn’t matter.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You can't ignore—or excuse—Offensive cultural symbols
- At what point does retired worker become ineligible for PTD workers' comp?
- Head off ADA complaints by proactively offering to discuss accommodations
- Will Congress bite on COBRA subsidy extension?