The number of Americans receiving unemployment benefits jumped to 5 million last month, an all-time high. The result: Desperate people are applying to anything that resembles a job, and HR pros are forced to sift through hundreds more (often unqualified) résumés and applications than normal.
As Pete Ronza, an HR manager at a Minnesota college told CNN, “We could write the ad in Russian and it wouldn’t matter.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't punish religious principles for non-job-related reasons
- 10 extreme jobs--and why you couldn't pay us enough
- Show how HR helps forward the big boss's goals
- An e-mail from the EEOC? Don't be so sure; Agency warns of phony 'Trojan horse' virus