The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 contains several tax breaks for energy improvements. Here are three:
1. Among other modifications, the new law raises the nonbusiness energy credit for improvements to a residence from 10 to 30% and increases the maximum dollar cap to $1,500 (eliminating the $500 lifetime cap).
Find more tax-saving tips in Surprise Tax Windfall for Small Business Owners
This covers expenditures for insulation materials; exterior windows (including skylights); exterior doors; central air conditioners; natural gas, propane and oil water heaters or furnaces; hot water boilers; electric heat pump water heaters; certain metal roofs; stoves; and advanced main air circulating fans. The changes are effective for installations after 2008 and before 2011.
2. The dollar caps on improvements available for the 100% residential energy-efficient credit—such as solar hot water property, geothermal heat pumps and wind energy property—are removed. But a $500 cap is placed on fuel cell property.
Within the current economic uncertainty lies a real opportunity — the time is now to leverage the unique relationship between personal and business taxes.
Order your copy of Surprise Tax Windfall today!
3. The new law extends the credit available to businesses for electricity produced by renewable sources through 2013 (2012 for wind facilities), modifies the energy investment credit to include qualified small wind energy property and makes other technical changes. See your tax pro for details.
Recently updated for 2009, Surprise Tax Windfall will show you how to:
Surprise Tax Windfall for Small Business Owners
- Begin with the best tax-free devices
- Take every deduction to which you're entitled
- Build up tax-sheltered wealth with retirement plans
- Get more mileage from T&E deductions
- And much more!
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8923/economic-stimulus-brightens-energy-tax-incentives "