Q. One of our employees constantly twists around everything I say to make the situation seem worse than it is. For example, when I put her paycheck on the counter because she was busy, she told others that I threw it at her. She has lied about many incidents. I have spoken with her several times and indicated that her actions are unprofessional and disrespectful. This is not good for my reputation. I need a solution about how to deal with this employee.
A. If you are the employee’s supervisor, her behavior appears to be insubordinate and might be the basis for discipline under your company’s policies.
It sounds like HR should look into your concerns and meet with the employee to discuss her behavior. After talking to you and the employee, HR will be able to recommend appropriate action to address your complaint.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8921/how-should-i-deal-with-disrespectful-employee "
- Guess again: You can't avoid liability by ignoring pay discrimination complaints
- OSHA alert: Don't set policies that stifle injury reporting
- Tell employees to read each form; don't summarize
- Timing is everything when it comes to workplace romances gone bad and terminations
- Make it easy for employees to work when, where they want