1. The first bill signed by President Obama was one that:
a. Makes it easier and more lucrative for employees to sue for pay discrimination
b. Makes it easier for unions to organize
c. Raises the minimum wage for employees of federal contractors
2. A new Supreme Court ruling says employees who cooperate with in-house discrimination investigations:
a. Are legally protected for retaliation from their bosses
b. Are not legally protected from retaliation by their bosses
c. Must be paid for the time spent in investigation meetings
3. The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) would require binding contract arbitration within how many days after
a union is certified through a signed card-collection process:
a. 60 days
b. 120 days
c. 180 days
4. The federal minimum wage (currently $6.55 per hour) is scheduled to increase again on July 24 to:
a. $7.25 b. $7.55 c. $7.85
5. Percentage of HR professionals who say President Obama’s employment-law policies will make their jobs more difficult:
a. 29% b. 49% c. 69%
6. According to the new , employees who take :
a. Must still be eligible for perfect- attendance awards (you can’t take absences into account)
b. Can be denied perfect-attendance awards, as long as you treat employees taking non-FMLA leave the same way
c. Must pay back the company 0.5% of salary for an “ fee”
Sources: 1. White House; 2. Crawford v. Metropolitan Govt. of Nashville; 3. SHRM; 4. DOL; 5. PBP Media survey of 1,200 HR managers; 6. DOL
Answers: 1. A 2. A 3. B 4. A 5. C 6. B
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8881/the-hr-iq-test-march-09 "
- New laws promise reform of N.J. workers' compensation system
- Appeals court expands free speech protection for employees of government agencies
- Look to local colleges for training
- Feel free to set generous FMLA notice terms, but rely on the law if you wind up in court
- Use an 'accuracy statement' to sniff out applicants' lies