Two companies headquartered in Minnesota have made the 2009 Fortune magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” list: General Mills of Minneapolis and the Mayo Clinic of Rochester.
Employees cited a variety of reasons their organizations were great workplaces. General Mills employees cited the company’s and on-site medical clinics. At the Mayo Clinic, employees mentioned the great medical benefits available to part-time employees, spouses, children and domestic partners as a reason they love their employer.
Why it matters: Employers recruiting talent from elsewhere sometimes have to fight the mistaken impression that Minnesota is a state in decline. Point out that this is a misconception by mentioning that two top Minnesota employers made the Fortune list.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Marion veterans hospital to pay for hiring lethal doctor
- Pay attention to timing when asking applicants to sign arbitration agreements
- 'Healthy Money' program engages most of firm's staff
- High Court: Bias clock resets with each hiring decision