By now, you have probably adjusted your payroll software and hourly wage information to reflect the new Florida minimum wage of $7.21 per hour, which was effective on Jan. 1.
Effective July 24, you will have to make another adjustment, as the federal minimum is then set to rise to $7.25 per hour. Get ready to pony up for that extra four cents per hour.
- Variable pay strategy: Teach workers to 'manage the boss'
- Talking the talk: Be careful with these 5 'lightning rod' terms
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws you can ignore
- Set formal schedule for off-hours meetings
- Does a natural disaster make former employees eligible for unemployment benefits?