By now, you have probably adjusted yourand hourly wage information to reflect the new Florida minimum wage of $7.21 per hour, which was effective on Jan. 1.
Effective July 24, you will have to make another adjustment, as the federal minimum is then set to rise to $7.25 per hour. Get ready to pony up for that extra four cents per hour.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- May we ask employees to 'volunteer' their time?
- Can we legally give extra vacation time to certain workers; and must we pay for unused days?
- Meal breaks: You must make them available; you don't have to force employees to eat
- Deadline! Contractors must be certified—or you could pay!