By now, you have probably adjusted your payroll software and hourly wage information to reflect the new Florida minimum wage of $7.21 per hour, which was effective on Jan. 1.
Effective July 24, you will have to make another adjustment, as the federal minimum is then set to rise to $7.25 per hour. Get ready to pony up for that extra four cents per hour.
- New law limits double-dipping of severance, unemployment
- Federal minimum wage goes up—and so should your new posters
- FICA wage base increases to $110,100 for 2012
- Illinois among states eyeing worker misclassification issues
- Use greater experience, extra skills to justify why you pay some employees more than others