Two Ohio companies have made the 2009 Fortune magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” list: Southern Ohio Medical Center, headquartered in Portsmouth, and OhioHealth, based in Columbus.
Three other companies with a large presence in Ohio also made the list. They are Build-A-Bear Workshop, General Mills and National Instruments.
Employees cited diverse reasons why their companies are good to work for. General Mills workers love the company’s fitness and wellness programs. Build-A-Bear staffers praised their fun atmosphere, while National Instruments employees enjoy generous profit sharing and a casual-dress policy.
Why it matters: Employers recruiting out-of-state talent sometimes have to fight the impression that Ohio is a Rust Belt state getting rustier. Point out that this is a misconception by mentioning that several Ohio employers made the Fortune list.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- In down economy, it's more important than ever to track every résumé submission
- New York Unemployment Compensation Law
- 'Just the facts' answer is key to avoiding reference trouble
- What Silicon Valley employee-raiding settlement means for you