The ongoing soap opera that is Philadelphia news broadcasting seems to be winding down.
Former WCAU-TV news anchor Vince DeMentri has settled for an undisclosed sum for a sex discrimination complaint he had filed with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
DeMentri, 44, claimed he was fired in August 2008 after he had an affair with his former co-anchor, Lori Delgado. He claimed Delgado, who is married, got to keep her job. She resigned in October.
Meanwhile, at KYW-TV, former anchor Larry Mendte is serving his six-month sentence under house arrest for hacking into co-anchor Alycia Lane’s e-mail account. You may recall that Lane was fired last year after being arrested for assault in New York.
- Raleigh EEOC office signs accord with Mexican Consulate
- Johnson & Johnson sued again, this time from the executive suite
- Supervisor's ignorance of the law isn't enough to justify punitive damages award
- Gauge what a person confronts, not overcomes, to see if he's 'disabled'
- Never promise secrecy: Clarify 'Need-to-Know' policy