The ongoing soap opera that is Philadelphia news broadcasting seems to be winding down.
Former WCAU-TV news anchor Vince DeMentri has settled for an undisclosed sum for a sex discrimination complaint he had filed with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
DeMentri, 44, claimed he was fired in August 2008 after he had an affair with his former co-anchor, Lori Delgado. He claimed Delgado, who is married, got to keep her job. She resigned in October.
Meanwhile, at KYW-TV, former anchor Larry Mendte is serving his six-month sentence under house arrest for hacking into co-anchor Alycia Lane’s e-mail account. You may recall that Lane was fired last year after being arrested for assault in New York.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When employee sues, beware whistle-blower add-on that alleges violation of public policy
- Don't be afraid to face down a harassing CEO
- EEOC persuades court that lactation discrimination is gender bias
- Muslim DA's bias suit against Youngstown moves on