A former police dispatcher in Bridgewater has sued, alleging that she was demoted when she asked for an accommodation for a disability.
Patricia Delvecchio claims that she suffers from irritable bowel syndrome. She alleges her supervisors on the Bridgewater Township Police Department reassigned her to a lower-paying position when she requested the day shift as an accommodation.
It’s the second lawsuit against the Bridgewater P.D. in a month. In the other lawsuit, a black police officer claims he was passed over for promotion because of his race.
- New USERRA poster released, but replacing your old poster isn't required
- Employers predict more HR lawsuits in 2012
- Does your organization use volunteers or interns? Know the employment law implications
- Miami DEA officer wins bias suit, claims transfer was retaliation
- Employee fired after registering complaint is now suing? You could be personally liable