A former police dispatcher in Bridgewater has sued, alleging that she was demoted when she asked for an accommodation for a disability.
Patricia Delvecchio claims that she suffers from irritable bowel syndrome. She alleges her supervisors on the Bridgewater Township Police Department reassigned her to a lower-paying position when she requested the day shift as an accommodation.
It’s the second lawsuit against the Bridgewater P.D. in a month. In the other lawsuit, a black police officer claims he was passed over for promotion because of his race.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Will county auditor get to review his own settlement check?
- Nursing home to pay $900,000 in language-Based discrimination case
- Beware firing after worker calls hotline
- Returning soldiers entitled to equivalent jobs, but not necessarily their old ones