A former police dispatcher in Bridgewater has sued, alleging that she was demoted when she asked for an accommodation for a disability.
Patricia Delvecchio claims that she suffers from irritable bowel syndrome. She alleges her supervisors on the Bridgewater Township Police Department reassigned her to a lower-paying position when she requested the day shift as an accommodation.
It’s the second lawsuit against the Bridgewater P.D. in a month. In the other lawsuit, a black police officer claims he was passed over for promotion because of his race.
- Keep unions at bay: Allow few exceptions to no-solicitation policy
- Are there alternatives to noncompetes for employees who work in California?
- Good news: EEPA does not include retaliation claims
- Maybe she should have tried 'Jeopardy' instead
- OK to cut returning veteran's job if decision wasn't based on military status