A former police dispatcher in Bridgewater has sued, alleging that she was demoted when she asked for an accommodation for a disability.
Patricia Delvecchio claims that she suffers from irritable bowel syndrome. She alleges her supervisors on the Bridgewater Township Police Department reassigned her to a lower-paying position when she requested the day shift as an accommodation.
It’s the second lawsuit against the Bridgewater P.D. in a month. In the other lawsuit, a black police officer claims he was passed over for promotion because of his race.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- OSHA plans 'radical change' to workplace noise standards
- Beware unintended consequence of staff realignments: More retaliation suits
- Even lost opportunity for overtime may be considered illegal retaliation
- Feds offer partial amnesty for contractor misclassification