LinkedIn is one social network that matters, regardless of whether you’ve jumped on the Facebook/MySpace/Twitter bandwagon.
While some Web 2.0 tools are about socializing and idea swapping, LinkedIn is the only tool completely devoted to business networking. Nurturing your online presence could lead to job offers, new knowledge or a beefed-up reputation as an expert.
Here’s how to get the most out of your LinkedIn profile:
• Add an “elevator pitch” under your name. Keep it short and succinct but personal.
• Post a photo. “People want to see who they’re dealing with, and it is helpful to match a face with a name on a business card after a busy conference,” points out Sheila Scarborough, who writes about Web 2.0 topics. Use a good, professional headshot.
• Update “What are you working on?” frequently. Call attention to projects you’re working on, something you’ve learned recently or an interesting link. In the column of “Network Updates” that appears on your LinkedIn home page, you’ll see a running list of what others are working on. Look for points of commonality.
• Follow up an in-person meeting with a virtual connection. Know how people sometimes send a friendly follow-up e-mail after they’ve swapped business cards? Try sending a request to connect on LinkedIn.
• Recommend colleagues and ask for recommendations. Join groups related to your industry and HR, including the HR Specialist group.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8717/add-some-pizazz-to-your-personal-linkedin-profile "