• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Roth conversions: a partial maneuver

by on
in Leaders & Managers,Management Training

Q. I was interested in your article on Roth IRA conversions. Do I have to convert all the funds in my IRA? B.R., Baldwin, N.Y.

A.
No. If you choose, you can convert part of a single IRA or multiple IRAs. However, you can’t treat the converted portion as coming only from nondeductible contributions. For example, say your sole IRA is valued at $100,000 with only $10,000 (10%) representing nondeductible contributions. If you convert $10,000 to a Roth IRA, $9,000 (90%) is taxable and the remaining $1,000 (10%) is nontaxable.

Tip: Remember that you can convert to a Roth in 2009 only if your AGI is $100,000 or less. This dollar cap is removed next year.

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8700/roth-conversions-a-partial-maneuver "

Leave a Comment