If you go by the book, you should buy equipment late in the year. Reason: Under the Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS), you can claim a depreciation deduction based on a half-year’s use, even if you use the equipment only for a few days in the year. Of course, you might not be able to wait that long to replace outdated or obsolete equipment ...
To access the entire library of Free Customizable Downloads, you must first register with your email address.
Registration gets you:
- Free access to 125+ customizable HR Forms
- Free access to job descriptions, interview questions and hiring checklists for 200 positions.
- Free access to 18 special reports on HR and management topics.
- Free weekly email newsletter on HR trends and management
- Special discounts on our upcoming events