Q. We have two offices in two different states. In one office, we have a sick leave policy in place because we have
A. Yes. An employer can have a sick leave policy in one facility and no policy at another in a different state. Even if someone could develop some argument of actionable discrimination, you have articulated legitimate business reasons for the difference, which should defeat any challenge.
Of course, if something changes and you add exempt employees to the second location, you will want to reconsider your two-policy program.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- New military caregiver leave rules continue FMLA expansion
- You can fire workers who don't give proper leave notice
- Update job descriptions regularly to include new duties & essential functions
- Employee leave: When does the FMLA stop, and ADA begin?