1. The ultimate impact of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) amendments that took effect Jan. 1 will mean:
a. More employees will be considered “disabled” and, thus, eligible for work accommodations.
b. Fewer employees will be considered “disabled” and, thus, eligible for work accommodations.
c. Less paperwork for employers.
2. What’s the percentage of U.S. workers who admit they don’t pay attention to benefits changes at their companies?
a. 12% b. 23% c. 46%
3. The number of Americans working part time compared with a year ago has:
a. Decreased by 40% because fewer jobs are available
b. Stayed the same
c. Increased by 62% because more full-timers are being dropped to part time
4. Which of these provisions is not included in the new , which took effect Jan. 16:
a. Employers can now directly contact an employee’s doctor to clarify information on the form.
b. Employees can take up to 26 weeks of to care for family members injured on active military duty.
c. Employers can use “best judgment” to decide when employees have an FMLA-qualifying serious health condition.
5. What percentage of HR professionals say their organizations will likely reduce planned investments in HR services in 2009?
a. 33% b. 62% c. 79%
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Talk of one's gay partner isn't harassment
- Counter retaliation claims by tracking PHRC and EEOC filings, internal complaints
- Warn supervisors: You may be individually liable under the FMLA
- Transfer worker who needs a fresh start; it's not retaliation if pay, benefits are equal