Former U.S. Attorney Rachel Paulose retaliated against John Marti, a former first assistant U.S. attorney for the district of Minnesota, according to an investigation by the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC). The OSC concluded that Paulose “constructively demoted” Marti to a staff attorney position because he reported concerns about Paulose’s handling of classified materials to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
According to the investigation report, Paulose routinely left classified documents concerning possible terrorist activities unsecured on her desk or on a shelf in her office.
Immediately after Marti filed the DOJ report, Paulose removed him from his job, violating the federal Whistleblower Protection Act, the OSC said.
Marti received a settlement of back pay plus an undisclosed lump sum from the DOJ. Neither side admitted wrongdoing in the settlement.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8673/former-minnesota-us-attorney-retaliated-against-whistle-blower "
- Harassment: How to stop it before, and after, it starts
- Are we required to grant a former employee access to his personnel records?
- Tell managers: Unless you have notes, you can't terminate
- Arbitrators can decide post-termination retaliation
- Respond ASAP when disabled worker requests reasonable accommodation under FEHA