Q. Our company allowed an employee’s health insurance to lapse because he failed to pay his share of the premium while on. The employee is scheduled to return to work in two weeks. What is the company required to do about the employee’s health insurance coverage when he returns?
A. The new finalmake it clear that, under those circumstances, the employer is required to reinstate the employee’s health insurance when he returns to work. If the insurance is not reinstated (or done so timely), the employer can be held liable for the harm suffered by the employee as a result.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Good news: Supreme Court eases path from N.C. to federal court
- An hour of intermittent FMLA leave? A half hour? 15 minutes? How low can employees go?
- Be on guard for often-Overlooked 'Associated with' claims
- USERRA: Know your duty to returning disabled soldiers