Q. Our company allowed an employee’s health insurance to lapse because he failed to pay his share of the premium while on. The employee is scheduled to return to work in two weeks. What is the company required to do about the employee’s health insurance coverage when he returns?
A. The new finalmake it clear that, under those circumstances, the employer is required to reinstate the employee’s health insurance when he returns to work. If the insurance is not reinstated (or done so timely), the employer can be held liable for the harm suffered by the employee as a result.
- Give employees fair shot to verify leave
- Can we prohibit employee from using accrued leave to care for her husband?
- Message to sick employees: We want you to stay home!
- New state law adds 'Military status' to protected classes
- Disruptive employee really deserves firing? Don't let FMLA keep you from pulling the trigger