Margaret Tarulli, a special officer for New York City’s Human Resources Administration (HRA), has filed a sexual assault and harassment lawsuit against her former supervisor.
Tarulli claims the supervisor grabbed her by her ponytail and forced her to have oral sex in October 2005. Tarulli reported the incident to police and senior HRA , but the agency refused to file a report. Instead, HRA retaliated against her by transferring her repeatedly, the lawsuit claims.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to prosecute the assault as a criminal matter, but Tarulli’s lawsuit will go forward.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Major revision planned for ADA's access rules
- WellPoint's Colby a cad, say dozens of women
- Even consensual affair with supervisor can spell trouble
- Stick to your story: Don't shift explanation for termination