Margaret Tarulli, a special officer for New York City’s Human Resources Administration (HRA), has filed a sexual assault and harassment lawsuit against her former supervisor.
Tarulli claims the supervisor grabbed her by her ponytail and forced her to have oral sex in October 2005. Tarulli reported the incident to police and senior HRA , but the agency refused to file a report. Instead, HRA retaliated against her by transferring her repeatedly, the lawsuit claims.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to prosecute the assault as a criminal matter, but Tarulli’s lawsuit will go forward.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Interview questions: What not to ask
- Foreign-born worker sues? Know difference between national origin and immigration status
- How to legally manage pregnancy and maternity leaves
- DOL plan = more HR paperwork ... Find out what's required