Margaret Tarulli, a special officer for New York City’s Human Resources Administration (HRA), has filed a sexual assault and harassment lawsuit against her former supervisor.
Tarulli claims the supervisor grabbed her by her ponytail and forced her to have oral sex in October 2005. Tarulli reported the incident to police and senior HRA , but the agency refused to file a report. Instead, HRA retaliated against her by transferring her repeatedly, the lawsuit claims.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to prosecute the assault as a criminal matter, but Tarulli’s lawsuit will go forward.
- The price of a poorly worded want ad: a cool $1 million
- Check policies for impact on older applicants and employees
- Tell bosses: Sexist comments can come back to haunt you
- 'Kevin eats all the good cookies!'... and 12 other weirdest complaints to HR
- Latest Low-Cost Perk: Helping employees land child care