Take this quiz if you want to assess your fitness at the top job.
By answering yes or no, you can pinpoint your strong or weak points and make improvements.
- Does my experience and training fit the role?
- Can I do something about any gaps in my training?
- Have I produced results for the organization that can be measured objectively?
My own standards
- Are my expectations achievable?
- Do I take responsibility for delivering on my promises?
- Have I assembled a great team?
Resources at hand
- Do I enjoy a challenge?
- Have I thought through our strategy?
- Do we have the resources we need to succeed?
- Am I willing to put in extra effort?
- Is my team “motivated?”
- Am I aware of what my rivals say and do?
- Is my message getting through loud and clear to everyone?
- Am I described as fair?
- Do I place integrity and the organization’s interests above everything else?
— Adapted from “How Fit Are You to Lead?” Ivan Lansberg, Harvard Business Review.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8627/test-your-leadership-fitness-level "