Take this quiz if you want to assess your fitness at the top job.
By answering yes or no, you can pinpoint your strong or weak points and make improvements.
- Does my experience and training fit the role?
- Can I do something about any gaps in my training?
- Have I produced results for the organization that can be measured objectively?
My own standards
- Are my expectations achievable?
- Do I take responsibility for delivering on my promises?
- Have I assembled a great team?
Resources at hand
- Do I enjoy a challenge?
- Have I thought through our strategy?
- Do we have the resources we need to succeed?
- Am I willing to put in extra effort?
- Is my team “motivated?”
- Am I aware of what my rivals say and do?
- Is my message getting through loud and clear to everyone?
- Am I described as fair?
- Do I place integrity and the organization’s interests above everything else?
— Adapted from “How Fit Are You to Lead?” Ivan Lansberg, Harvard Business Review.