Leading is not about personality—it’s about action, say
1. Set an example. To demand commitment and high standards from your people, walk the talk.
2. Paint a picture. Give your team a vision of what they are working toward, and they will find the process more meaningful.
3. Keep innovating. Always be looking for new ways to improve, take risks and think creatively.
4. Build trust. Provide an environment of collaboration and a consistent mind-set of “we” instead of “I.”
5. Celebrate achievement. If someone does a good job, recognize the contribution. Genuine appreciation for good work gives people a sense of being valued and improves performance.
— Adapted from The Leadership Challenge, James M. Kouzes, John Wiley & Sons.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8621/5-actions-every-leader-should-practice "