“Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly, I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.” — Theodore Roosevelt
“Many people think of the just as a backward reflection. But it’s an ideal opportunity to look forward as well.” — David B. Peterson, senior vice president, Personnel Decisions International Corp.
- Of good faith and gut instinct: Fire employee who falsely claims discrimination
- Do your best to promote workplace civility, but don't sweat faux pas that weren't meant to offend
- Set clear rules on office romance
- Good and accurate records key to winning lawsuits early
- Remind supervisors: No temper tantrums allowed