Before you head into your boss’s office to discuss a raise—or
Payscale.com: This site systematically collects data in very specific categories so you can match your situation—e.g., years of experience, geography and education—to get your real value in the market.
Salary.com: If you’re trying to defend a raise request, this site could prove useful. Why? Because it skews higher than Payscale.
OfficeTeam.com: Called “the definitive resource for those hiring—and being hired—in the administrative field,” the annual Salary Guide features projected starting salary ranges for more than 50 administrative positions.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Who is the harasser? Supervisor or co-Worker status matters
- Keep employees growing ... so they won't leave
- Interviewing older candidates: Don't cross the bias line
- 30 great interview questions to identify candidates' soft skills