Before you head into your boss’s office to discuss a raise—or
Payscale.com: This site systematically collects data in very specific categories so you can match your situation—e.g., years of experience, geography and education—to get your real value in the market.
Salary.com: If you’re trying to defend a raise request, this site could prove useful. Why? Because it skews higher than Payscale.
OfficeTeam.com: Called “the definitive resource for those hiring—and being hired—in the administrative field,” the annual Salary Guide features projected starting salary ranges for more than 50 administrative positions.
- Deluged with résumés? How to be a speed weeder
- Keep hiring as objective as possible -- and beware loose criteria that could let in bias
- Key points to remember when hiring
- Be sure 'Shared' employees don't put you over FMLA limit
- Firing employee? Require the presence of at least 2 managers during discharge meeting