Before you head into your boss’s office to discuss a raise—or
Payscale.com: This site systematically collects data in very specific categories so you can match your situation—e.g., years of experience, geography and education—to get your real value in the market.
Salary.com: If you’re trying to defend a raise request, this site could prove useful. Why? Because it skews higher than Payscale.
OfficeTeam.com: Called “the definitive resource for those hiring—and being hired—in the administrative field,” the annual Salary Guide features projected starting salary ranges for more than 50 administrative positions.
- Lawsuit-proof hiring: Post every job opening
- Can we ask applicant for his social media log-in info and password?
- Don't rubber-stamp firings; verify supervisors' reasons
- Worried About a New Hire? 7 'Salvage Operation' Tips
- In hiring, don't overvalue interview skills; courts question subjective decision-making