Congress has changed the deadline for providing copy B of certain 2008 information returns. (P.L. 110-343) The new due date is Tuesday, Feb.17, 2009, instead of Feb. 2, 2009, as reported in the IRS instructions.
The change applies to the following forms:
- Form 1099-B (Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions)
- Form 1099-S (Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions)
- Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income), but only if substitute payments in lieu of dividends and tax-exempt interest or payments to attorneys are reported
Tip: The Feb. 2, 2009, due date continues to apply to copy B of other 1099s.
- Government employers: Don't trample on workers' rights to speak out on public matters
- High court: Weingarten rights stand; state family leave case on docket
- Job Descriptions and the ADA: Are Those 'Essential Functions' Really Essential?
- CVS fined for child labor, overtime and timecard violations
- Feds push for more workplace smoking bans