Congress has changed the deadline for providing copy B of certain 2008 information returns. (P.L. 110-343) The new due date is Tuesday, Feb.17, 2009, instead of Feb. 2, 2009, as reported in the IRS instructions.
The change applies to the following forms:
- Form 1099-B (Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions)
- Form 1099-S (Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions)
- Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income), but only if substitute payments in lieu of dividends and tax-exempt interest or payments to attorneys are reported
Tip: The Feb. 2, 2009, due date continues to apply to copy B of other 1099s.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Please tell us about the … umm … whatchamacallits you stole
- How to work with GINA--the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- Report EEOC claims or lose insurance coverage
- As the EEOC steps up ADA enforcement, it's time to review policies