1. Employee ‘dream survey’ wins loyalty for casino
Station Casinos in Las Vegas used a 20-question “dream survey” to find out what employees really wanted out of life. Then the 14,000-employee company created some unique benefits around those dreams. Examples: Let employees buy computers through deduction, bring in financial experts to teach people how to save to buy homes, host citizenship classes for foreigners wanting to become citizens. The most popular survey-inspired benefit: The casino negotiated with 100 local businesses to offer discounts to their employees.
2. Gas station employees earn trips at 5-year mark
Employees who hit the five-year mark with Sheetz, the Pennsylvania-based convenience store and gas station chain, earn an all-expenses-paid weekend summer vacation at a local resort. That includes golf, massages, pedicures, wine tasting and more. Every five years after, they earn another. Shee...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Construction firm sued after pulling diabetic's job offer
- Your employee handbook: Helpful teacher ... and scary betrayer
- 2 New Jersey companies on Fortune's 'best to work for' list
- How fast can you go?