The year that the Society for Human Resource
The arrival of the Obama administration and Democrat-heavy Congress is forecast to spark several changes to U.S. employment law. But this month’s changes come courtesy of end-of-term Bush administration revisions.
On the paperwork front, you’ll need to begin using the government’s updated Form I-9 by Feb 2. The revised form was released last month.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): On Jan. 16, the first-ever regulatory changes to the FMLA take effect. While some changes favor employers, others make compliance a bit trickier. Some of the most important revisions:
- Direct contact with doctor allowed. Employers can ...(register to read more)
- FMLA leave-Takers aren't untouchable, but courts will look closely at timing
- What is Philadelphia's law on requesting info on applicants' criminal records?
- Wage assignment and employers' responsibilities
- What do we need to do before implementing a drug and alcohol testing program?
- You can't hide behind your vendor! Before relying on tests, be sure they're valid