Faced with budget woes, the University of Minnesota has decided to control costs “sooner rather than later” with a “hiring pause,” University President Robert Bruininks told the Associated Press.
Before filling an open position, university managers must conduct a review to determine whether the job is essential and whether the work could be reorganized or reassigned. Even if the position is deemed essential, the department must still get university approval before filling it.
- Pass your own health care reform with these 4 best practices
- Applicant Filed for Bankruptcy: Can You Refuse to Hire Him?
- Ledbetter's lesson: Revamp salary guidelines to make pay as fair as possible
- No application on file, no failure-to-hire claim
- Handle supervisor harassment with a good policy, timely investigation and independent review