The long-awaited revised and updated final rules of the U.S. Department of Labor interpreting the
HR specialists should read the new regulations and then review them with an employment attorney. Along with revising existing company policies, they should promptly develop special training on new rules and procedures for supervisors and employees alike.
For full details on the FMLA revisions, including a link to the regulations themselves, see www.theHRSpecialist.com/newFMLArules.
Here are some of the rule changes you need to pay attention to.
Employers are required to provide employees with a general notice of (register to read more), an eligibility notice, ...
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Tale of two cases: How to avoid costly FMLA and ADA mistakes
- Bill would ban demanding access to Facebook, Twitter accounts
- Time to check the FMLA poster on your bulletin board
- Can we ask employee to use paid leave before receiving workers' comp benefits