The long-awaited revised and updated final rules of the U.S. Department of Labor interpreting the
HR specialists should read the new regulations and then review them with an employment attorney. Along with revising existing company policies, they should promptly develop special training on new rules and procedures for supervisors and employees alike.
For full details on the FMLA revisions, including a link to the regulations themselves, see www.theHRSpecialist.com/newFMLArules.
Here are some of the rule changes you need to pay attention to.
Employers are required to provide employees with a general notice of (register to read more), an eligibility notice, ...
- Can we recover the cost of a former employee's laptop by withholding from his final paycheck?
- Whistle-Blower alert: Don't warn against reporting alleged wrongdoing
- Employees give 'props' to best bosses
- Equal Pay Act: Erase the sex from your pay grades
- Investigations: You can (and should) demand silence from all participants