OSHA has fined Florida Transportation Services more than $88,000 for safety violations that killed three workers in May 2007.
James Cason, Rene Dutertre and Hayman Sooknanan suffocated after inhaling argon gas that leaked from the cargo hold of a ship berthed at Port Everglades.
OSHA fined the company $63,000 for a willful failure to train employees in hazardous gas detection. It tacked on more fines for other violations, including a lack of alarm systems and inadequate evacuation procedures.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Do we owe STD benefits to employee who has been terminated after FMLA leave expires?
- Springfield to pay officer $150,000 for ongoing discrimination
- ACA vs. ADA: EEOC loses on wellness programs
- California Supreme Court issues key arbitration decision