OSHA has fined Florida Transportation Services more than $88,000 for safety violations that killed three workers in May 2007.
James Cason, Rene Dutertre and Hayman Sooknanan suffocated after inhaling argon gas that leaked from the cargo hold of a ship berthed at Port Everglades.
OSHA fined the company $63,000 for a willful failure to train employees in hazardous gas detection. It tacked on more fines for other violations, including a lack of alarm systems and inadequate evacuation procedures.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Direct threat' no longer required to bar former substance abusers
- Supreme Court could revisit deadlocked union dues case
- Use your Internet policy to justify terminating potentially dangerous employee
- Are you a target for union organizing? 6 questions to ask