OSHA has fined Florida Transportation Services more than $88,000 for safety violations that killed three workers in May 2007.
James Cason, Rene Dutertre and Hayman Sooknanan suffocated after inhaling argon gas that leaked from the cargo hold of a ship berthed at Port Everglades.
OSHA fined the company $63,000 for a willful failure to train employees in hazardous gas detection. It tacked on more fines for other violations, including a lack of alarm systems and inadequate evacuation procedures.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Getting 'silent treatment' isn't adverse action
- DOJ files USERRA complaint against Warren County schools
- Returning soldiers entitled to equivalent jobs, but not necessarily their old ones
- Watch those pension funds--or watch the feds swoop in