OSHA has fined Florida Transportation Services more than $88,000 for safety violations that killed three workers in May 2007.
James Cason, Rene Dutertre and Hayman Sooknanan suffocated after inhaling argon gas that leaked from the cargo hold of a ship berthed at Port Everglades.
OSHA fined the company $63,000 for a willful failure to train employees in hazardous gas detection. It tacked on more fines for other violations, including a lack of alarm systems and inadequate evacuation procedures.
- Report EEOC claims or lose insurance coverage
- Consider alternatives before choosing mandatory arbitration
- Warning: Winning in state court doesn't mean you can't be sued in federal court
- Handle absence problems correctly; learn ADA, FMLA interplay
- U.S. Supreme Court addresses arbitration of noncompete agreements