OSHA has fined Florida Transportation Services more than $88,000 for safety violations that killed three workers in May 2007.
James Cason, Rene Dutertre and Hayman Sooknanan suffocated after inhaling argon gas that leaked from the cargo hold of a ship berthed at Port Everglades.
OSHA fined the company $63,000 for a willful failure to train employees in hazardous gas detection. It tacked on more fines for other violations, including a lack of alarm systems and inadequate evacuation procedures.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Make sure return-to-work requirements are reasonable
- The clock is ticking: Note exact date employee learned of termination decision
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Act
- Don't ignore lawsuits! No-Show means automatic loss—And court-Ordered damages