Station Casino executives want to know what their employees dream about.
A 20-question “dream survey” asks workers at the Las Vegas-based organization questions like, “Do you dream of owning your own house?” and “Do you dream of owning your own computer?”
HR VP Valerie Murzl said the answers led the 14,500-employee organization to build four 24-hour child care centers, at a cost of $3.5 million each. The results prompted execs to arrange for employees to buy computers and pay for them through .
For foreign-born employees who dreamed of becoming U.S. citizens, the casinos hosted classes to help them fill out applications and study for the citizenship test.
And the firm arranged for a local nonprofit to help employees figure out how to save money to buy homes.
The most popular survey-inspired program offers casino employees discounts at 100 Las Vegas businesses.
“We know a happy employee creates happy guests who come and frequent our facilities and return,” Murzl said. “Our style is: ‘Let’s do everything we can to make employees happy.’”
Contact: Valerie Murzl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Must you provide employees with printed copies of annual reviews?
- Investigating workplace harassment: 10 steps to success
- Concierge services: Are they right for your organization?
- 25 Off-Limits Interview Questions