One admin directed this question to peers on our online forum, hoping to find top-notch suggestions to fit a tight budget (www.businessmanagementdaily.com/APF). A few creative responses:
- Custom fortune cookies, mini palm plants or other whimsical favors at www.beau-coup.com.
- Scratch-off lottery tickets. Many people walk away empty-handed. But some might get $5, $10, even $10,000.
- Logo-branded items that people can use (such as lunch bags or coolers) via postivepromotions.com/, 4imprint.com/ or ad-venturepromotions.com.
- A “survival kit” with gift cards for gas, coffee and restaurants.
- Give a donation on behalf of the board to your local food bank, Meals on Wheels or Toys for Tots.
- Title VII doesn't protect employees who complain about discrimination against customers
- OSHA adds teeth to protective equipment standards
- You can suggest FMLA leave without triggering ADA liability
- Absentee Problem? Here's how to clarify your leave policy
- Factor Lower Health Care Cost Growth into 2009 Budgets