Demand for highly skilled administrative professionals will remain steady this year, predicts the 2009 Salary Guides from Robert Half International.
While starting salaries for admins are expected to rise 2.6% on average in 2009, employees with specific skills—industry experience, technical aptitude, multilingual abilities and professional certifications—can command even more. For example, for the salaries below, add up to 11% for expert multilingual abilities or Microsoft Business Certification.
Overall, the survey says, a few administrative positions are in hot demand: customer service representative, data-entry specialist and administrative health care.
For your own free copy of OfficeTeam’s 2009 Salary Guide, visit www.officeteam.com or call (800) 804-8367.
Administrative starting salaries, 2009
Position Title Salary % Change
Senior Executive Assi...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Take a proactive approach to prevent workplace violence
- Refusing to follow orders doesn't always equal insubordination
- The HR I.Q. Test: September '13
- New immigration worry: 'Mob' charges for hiring illegals