Demand for highly skilled administrative professionals will remain steady this year, predicts the 2009 Salary Guides from Robert Half International.
While starting salaries for admins are expected to rise 2.6% on average in 2009, employees with specific skills—industry experience, technical aptitude, multilingual abilities and professional certifications—can command even more. For example, for the salaries below, add up to 11% for expert multilingual abilities or Microsoft Business Certification.
Overall, the survey says, a few administrative positions are in hot demand: customer service representative, data-entry specialist and administrative health care.
For your own free copy of OfficeTeam’s 2009 Salary Guide, visit www.officeteam.com or call (800) 804-8367.
Administrative starting salaries, 2009
Position Title Salary % Change
Senior Executive Assi...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- HR gossip girl: The risk of divulging employees' secrets
- How to counter boredom on the job
- Employees win right to sue for employer post-Employment conduct
- What it takes to go from bud to boss