Regardless of size, any workplace crisis can spark a host of employment law issues, including harassment, disability rights,and leave for reservists. Your company can't plan for every scenario, but having adequate employment policies and practices in place beforehand will help you bounce back.
Be prepared, flexible
"It's important to get right in the face of a crisis and assert," said Jeffrey Berger of the Berger Law Firm in Washington, D.C.
Show employees that the company is dealing with the situation collectively, with one voice. Recognizing that many employees may be suffering losses, Berger notes, a company should allow great...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Retain right to nix discipline that might be retaliation
- Americans rank restaurants best of all business sectors
- Tell supervisors: If you use racist language, you're fired
- SPFD, firefighter finally see eye-to-eye on settlement