Regardless of size, any workplace crisis can spark a host of employment law issues, including harassment, disability rights,and leave for reservists. Your company can't plan for every scenario, but having adequate employment policies and practices in place beforehand will help you bounce back.
Be prepared, flexible
"It's important to get right in the face of a crisis and assert," said Jeffrey Berger of the Berger Law Firm in Washington, D.C.
Show employees that the company is dealing with the situation collectively, with one voice. Recognizing that many employees may be suffering losses, Berger notes, a company should allow great...(register to read more)
- Lost in translation: Remind foreign managers about U.S. age discrimination laws
- Failing to follow call-in rules doesn't void FMLA claims
- Supreme Court Opens the Door to More Race-Based Retaliation Lawsuits
- Keep details of discrimination settlements confidential
- Even the best sexual harassment policy is useless without supervisor vigilance