The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of the complaints came from just nine states, including Pennsylvania.
- Be on guard for age discrimination suit if older worker offers to work for less
- Make sure your investigations are thorough
- Dogged by sexual harassment suit, PetSmart settles
- Employees filed job-discrimination complaints with EEOC in near-record numbers last year
- Be prepared to explain your reasonable rationale for firing protected-class worker