The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of the complaints came from just nine states, including Pennsylvania.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- First lawsuit filed under new genetic discrimination law
- How responsible is a parent company for an action filed against a subsidiary company?
- Documentation is key to winning bias lawsuits--along with clear policies, thorough investigations
- Be alert to employment law issues related to older employees