The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of the complaints came from just nine states, including Pennsylvania.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Keep an open mind in investigations; juries will punish 'kangaroo courts'
- Implement clear process for requesting promotion
- New job requirement can be good reason for discharge
- Crack down on supervisor harassment with tough policy, prompt corrective action