The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of the complaints came from just nine states, including Pennsylvania.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Proposed N.Y. law would stymie credit checks on job applicants
- New employee obviously not working out? Let hiring manager be the one who terminates
- Head off harassment suits: Review all firings
- Employee cites mental distress? Ask for mental exam