The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of the complaints came from just nine states, including Pennsylvania.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Mere days of harassment mean lawsuit when 'Constructive discharge' is involved
- Independent investigation doesn't have to be perfect
- Train managers to adopt poker face when facing complaint
- Heed legal risks of recruiting via Facebook, LinkedIn