It’s predicted that 2009 will bring more changes in federal employment and labor laws than in the entire eight years of the previous administration. Are you ready?
To help HR professionals prepare, The HR Specialist is hosting the 5th annual Advanced Practices (LEAP) Symposium March 18-20 at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas. America’s top employment lawyers will educate you on every aspect of employment law— , wage-and-hour law, benefits, unions, harassment and more.
Visit www.theHRSpecialist.com/LEAP2009 or call (800) 543-2055. Note: Subscribers earn discounted rates.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- FMLA: After DOMA ruling, employee's residence matters
- Don't overreact to co-worker's isolated racial slur, but don't ignore it either
- Independent contractor alert: Feds on the lookout for misclassification
- Gather statistical evidence to show you don't discriminate