On Nov. 17, the U.S. Department of Labor finalized the first major overhaul of
Among the regulation changes: new leave rights for military families, revised definition of a qualifying “serious condition” and new employer and employee notice obligations. Also, employers will be able to contact physicians directly to clarify details on employees’ forms. The rules take effect Jan. 16.
Read the full details at www.theHRSpecialist.com/newFMLArules.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware suspicious timing when taking action against employee undergoing medical treatment
- Recognize The Legal Dangers Of Considering Military Service In Employment Decisions
- How International Conflict Breeds Domestic Employment Laws
- Does the Pregnancy Discrimination Act grant additional maternity leave?