On Nov. 17, the U.S. Department of Labor finalized the first major overhaul of
Among the regulation changes: new leave rights for military families, revised definition of a qualifying “serious condition” and new employer and employee notice obligations. Also, employers will be able to contact physicians directly to clarify details on employees’ forms. The rules take effect Jan. 16.
Read the full details at www.theHRSpecialist.com/newFMLArules.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8376/dol-issues-new-fmla-rules-time-to-review-your-policies "
- Employee has used all FMLA leave? Assess disability status before terminating
- What are the rights of an employee who wants leave to care for his pregnant girlfriend?
- Answers to your FMLA military leave questions
- Disabled employee always calling in sick?
- Tell managers: No discrimination for in vitro fertilization