On Nov. 17, the U.S. Department of Labor finalized the first major overhaul of
Among the regulation changes: new leave rights for military families, revised definition of a qualifying “serious condition” and new employer and employee notice obligations. Also, employers will be able to contact physicians directly to clarify details on employees’ forms. The rules take effect Jan. 16.
Read the full details at www.theHRSpecialist.com/newFMLArules.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8376/dol-issues-new-fmla-rules-time-to-review-your-policies "
- FMLA notice rules: Provide quick response to leave request
- Do your managers know an FMLA request when they see one?
- Can we request FMLA recertification for each migraine?
- How should we handle mandatory overtime when determining FMLA leave hours?
- Good news: Supreme Court eases path from N.C. to federal court