Here are the key tax-filing deadlines for 2009. Keep this tax calendar handy for reference throughout the year.
Note: If your business operates on a fiscal-year schedule for tax purposes rather than the usual calendar-year schedule, your due dates for each quarter will line up differently.
Employers. Prepare copies of W-2s for 2008, and give them to your employees by Feb. 2. If an employee agreed to receive his or her W-2 electronically, post it and notify the worker by Feb. 2.
Thursday, Jan. 1
Employers. Stop advance payments of earned income credit for any employee who did not give you a new Form W-5 for 2009.
Thursday, Jan. 15
Personal. Pay the fourth-quarter and final estimated-tax payment for the year 2008 with Form 1040-ES. You don’t have to make this payment if you file your 2008 return (Form 1040) and pay any tax due by Feb. 2, 2009.
Employers. December 2008 monthly deposit is...(register to read more)
- Potential for class-action pay lawsuit could be lurking in your food delivery fees
- What you can do to prevent sexual harassment
- Don't turn the other cheek on workplace bullies
- Feds' Payroll Savings plan going paperless in 2011
- University of Alabama shooting: What could have been done to keep staff safe?