The qualified transportation
Good news: The bailout law creates a new transportation for using old-fashioned muscle power.
Effective for tax years beginning after 2008, an employer can pay employees up to $20 per month tax-free for commuting by bicycle. The payments cover reasonable expenses for this purpose such as bicycle purchases, other equipment purchases, repairs and storage.
- Despite ERISA workers' comp plan, employee can still sue for negligence
- Can we ask employee to use paid leave before receiving workers' comp benefits
- How employers can respond to increasingly stressed workers
- Survey: Workers hate health care 'System,' but they love their health plans
- Tweak flexible spending account allocations for next year