The qualified transportation
Good news: The bailout law creates a new transportation for using old-fashioned muscle power.
Effective for tax years beginning after 2008, an employer can pay employees up to $20 per month tax-free for commuting by bicycle. The payments cover reasonable expenses for this purpose such as bicycle purchases, other equipment purchases, repairs and storage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Understand how whistle-blower laws affect employers, employees
- New economic stimulus law will find HR working closely with accounting
- 1-Minute Strategies: March '10
- How closely can we monitor contractors without creating an employment relationship?