Frank Bruno aced his first round of interviews for an HR director job at Unitek USA in Pennsylvania. But during his final interview, one of the company’s board members asked the 55-year-old Bruno, “How old are you, 78?”
Bruno tried to dodge the question, but eventually answered. The job went to a 36-year-old woman with half the experience. As you can guess, Bruno is asking his own questions in his age discrimination lawsuit against the company.
- Take it on faith: You can accommodate religious diversity
- Of good faith and gut instinct: Fire employee who falsely claims discrimination
- When does 'religious expression' cross the line?
- Advice, please: How should we implement our first severance pay packages?
- Management Circa 1943: Is Your Workplace Still Stuck There?