Frank Bruno aced his first round of interviews for an HR director job at Unitek USA in Pennsylvania. But during his final interview, one of the company’s board members asked the 55-year-old Bruno, “How old are you, 78?”
Bruno tried to dodge the question, but eventually answered. The job went to a 36-year-old woman with half the experience. As you can guess, Bruno is asking his own questions in his age discrimination lawsuit against the company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Assigning black staff to black clients: Is that bias?
- Act fast to intervene at first inkling that someone might have been sexually harassed
- When employee sues for discrimination, be prepared to show your processes are solid
- The HR I.Q. Test: November '11