The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from Illinois, eight other states and the District of Columbia. The states include California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Stop litigious employees' amateur sleuthing! Set policies to ban unauthorized recordings
- Ban class actions in arbitration agreements
- Federal government employer? You are liable for interest on back pay if you discriminate
- Restaurant makes good after religious discrimination slip-up