The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from Illinois, eight other states and the District of Columbia. The states include California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Serial sexual harasser on the loose? Get ready for big trial—and possibly huge judgment
- Minor concentration problems don't count as disabilities
- Quickly addressing alleged retaliation saves the day
- High court to weigh claims of 'disparate impact' by age