The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from Illinois, eight other states and the District of Columbia. The states include California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Court rules North Carolina law revives lost EEOC complaint
- Beware disciplining worker who has claimed harassment
- Stop litigious employees' amateur sleuthing! Set policies to ban unauthorized recordings
- Al-Jazeera America hit with $15M retaliation suit