The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from Illinois, eight other states and the District of Columbia. The states include California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- Tell supervisors: Enforce attendance rules equally—or prepare for court
- Head-Office decision won't insulate company from liability
- Don't set automatic deadline for workers returning from disability leave.
- Crom companies head to court to defend harassment charges
- Include temp workers in anti-harassment policy