The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from Illinois, eight other states and the District of Columbia. The states include California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- USERRA: Beware any reference to military service when justifying discipline
- Simple culture of civility and respect can wind up saving sky-high legal fees
- HR cost-cutting moves: Your benchmarks for surviving the meltdown
- N.J. judge takes dim view of banning 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'
- How not to fire complaining employee: Use pretext, don't document real reasons