The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from Illinois, eight other states and the District of Columbia. The states include California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- Settling a case? Make sure the agreement includes a ban on re-employment
- At-will employment remains alive and well in Pennsylvania
- Company's 'head in the sand' response racks up punitive damages
- Tell managers: Don't retaliate against those who complain
- BK hands over $85,000 after boss seeks sex from teen worker