The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from Illinois, eight other states and the District of Columbia. The states include California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employers can't get restraining orders on clients' behalf
- Aggressive employee terrifies co-workers? Now that's failing to meet expectations!
- Family and children: taboo subjects in PA job interviews
- Firing for theft? Well-founded suspicion enough to go on