The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from Illinois, eight other states and the District of Columbia. The states include California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- When transition looms, note employee interest in staying on
- Hiring independent contractor? Be prepared to document that he's not an employee
- Just quitting isn't 'constructive discharge'
- When you learn of possible harassment, investigate promptly, take fast action
- Address sexual harassment fast! It's the right--and smart--thing to do