Fairmont-based MowMar Farms has fired six workers at its newly acquired farm near Bayard, Iowa, after a videotape revealed that some employees routinely abused pigs there.
The footage, shot by People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), showed workers slamming piglets on a concrete floor and abusing sows with metal rods.
MowMar said it was “surprised and outraged over the images of animal mistreatment.” The company said it is conducting extensive employee training, and will consider video surveillance to oversee herd .
- Before you decide to fire, make sure past job evaluations support your rationale
- Feds shift target of immigration enforcement to employers
- 6 Best Tips for Pitching a Good Idea
- Manager's careless comment on accent shows discrimination under ELCRA
- Address harassment complaint with thorough investigation—and quick action to fix problems