Fairmont-based MowMar Farms has fired six workers at its newly acquired farm near Bayard, Iowa, after a videotape revealed that some employees routinely abused pigs there.
The footage, shot by People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), showed workers slamming piglets on a concrete floor and abusing sows with metal rods.
MowMar said it was “surprised and outraged over the images of animal mistreatment.” The company said it is conducting extensive employee training, and will consider video surveillance to oversee herd .
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/8271/pig-handlers-fired-for-abuse "
- 1040 triage: 15 ways to slash personal taxes
- Rework your severance plan: More prospective employees seeking this safety net
- When employee complains about discrimination, be alert for signs bosses are retaliating
- Not all workplace affairs create a hostile environment
- States settle deceptive practices lawsuit against Express Scripts