With the holiday season comes an uptick in mail and catalog clutter. Here’s an admin’s suggestion for keeping your office clear of paper clutter:
“Why not take a green approach and reduce the mail-order catalogs and junk mail in your office. Keep all pertinent information (account numbers, user names, passwords) in an Excel document with links to the retailers’ web pages. Then call the catalog companies and ask to be removed from their mailing lists. It saves the Earth, saves your time and saves space around the office.” —Christel Johnson, Semler Brossy, Los Angeles
- Out of sight shouldn't be out of mind: Monitor remote facilities for signs of harassment
- IRS issues 'grab bag' guidance on Health Savings Accounts
- HR decisions don't have to be based on foolproof evidence—just good faith
- Error on the I-9: Edit it or create a new one?
- Mich. firm holds employee banquet for 21st straight year