As the economy shrinks, unemployment is growing in New York and throughout the country. If your organization plans to lay off workers or already has, brace yourself. Lots of former employees are going to list you and your managers as references when they seek new jobs. That means it’s time to make sure you have policies in place on how to handle reference-check calls.
- Top brass not listening? Scare 'em straight with true stories
- Use arbitration agreement to limit time to sue
- One less tune for whistle-blowers to play: Sarbanes-Oxley Act trumps Colorado common law
- Gospel truth: You must accommodate employees' religious needs
- Require HR review of disciplinary records before discharge