Q. We are a large company and are dealing with a situation with a sick store manager. He has used up all his
A. No. Even if his leave is exhausted, he may still be protected under the ADA, depending on the facts.
If he is protected, then you have a duty of reasonable accommodation, which may require you to provide him with additional leave or provide him with an available job for which he is qualified.
- What's retaliation? Depends on the employee
- Track FMLA return history to show you don't retaliate
- Appeals court: Calling someone a 'contractor' doesn't necessarily mean he is one
- You can require back-to-work fitness certification after FMLA leave
- Have a sick leave bank? Make it accessible to all who qualify