Q. We are a large company and are dealing with a situation with a sick store manager. He has used up all his
A. No. Even if his leave is exhausted, he may still be protected under the ADA, depending on the facts.
If he is protected, then you have a duty of reasonable accommodation, which may require you to provide him with additional leave or provide him with an available job for which he is qualified.
- Count only hours actually worked for eligibility
- Make it your policy: Mum's the word on military service
- Good records are key to winning retaliation lawsuits
- What should we do? Employee on active duty wants to apply for open position
- Insist on medical leave as accommodation if disabled worker can't return to full duty