Q. We are a large company and are dealing with a situation with a sick store manager. He has used up all his
A. No. Even if his leave is exhausted, he may still be protected under the ADA, depending on the facts.
If he is protected, then you have a duty of reasonable accommodation, which may require you to provide him with additional leave or provide him with an available job for which he is qualified.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use it or lose it! You must enforce your call-off policy
- Court: Bigger workload could constitute retaliation
- When FMLA leave expires, no need to offer more time off to balance work/life issues
- Workers ignoring our time clock rules: Can we dock their pay?