Q. We are a large company and are dealing with a situation with a sick store manager. He has used up all his
A. No. Even if his leave is exhausted, he may still be protected under the ADA, depending on the facts.
If he is protected, then you have a duty of reasonable accommodation, which may require you to provide him with additional leave or provide him with an available job for which he is qualified.
- Employees win $15,000 for wellness screening
- Jury waivers: Your new alternative to arbitration agreements?
- How not to fire complaining employee: Use pretext, don't document real reasons
- Waiter serves suit implicating female boss; courts are digesting it
- Anti-bias and sex-harassment training: a 5-point checklist