Q. We are a large company and are dealing with a situation with a sick store manager. He has used up all his
A. No. Even if his leave is exhausted, he may still be protected under the ADA, depending on the facts.
If he is protected, then you have a duty of reasonable accommodation, which may require you to provide him with additional leave or provide him with an available job for which he is qualified.
- Employee returning from FMLA leave? Don't demand heroic catch-up
- Illness controlled by medication may still be considered a 'disability'
- DOL releases regulatory agenda for remainder of 2014, early 2015
- Train managers: Watch out for language that could be construed as derogatory
- Texas Law on Employment Discrimination for Participating in Emergency Evacuation