Q. We are a large company and are dealing with a situation with a sick store manager. He has used up all his
A. No. Even if his leave is exhausted, he may still be protected under the ADA, depending on the facts.
If he is protected, then you have a duty of reasonable accommodation, which may require you to provide him with additional leave or provide him with an available job for which he is qualified.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Good news: Court rules employee suit frivolous--Bad news: You probably won't recover legal fees
- 'Direct threat' no longer required to bar former substance abusers
- Must we provide extended leave for employee to care for son wounded in the line of duty?
- 'Meetings' on Religion/Politics May Violate New Intimidation Law