Q. We are a large company and are dealing with a situation with a sick store manager. He has used up all his
A. No. Even if his leave is exhausted, he may still be protected under the ADA, depending on the facts.
If he is protected, then you have a duty of reasonable accommodation, which may require you to provide him with additional leave or provide him with an available job for which he is qualified.
- Looking back at Wal-Mart decision, 7th Circuit limits class actions
- Harassment complaint earns retaliation protection if complaint was made in good faith
- Ensure FMLA status won't affect firing decision
- Discipline process doesn't have to be 'Right,' just honest
- 10 ways to stay out of legal trouble while trimming staff