Q. One of our employees hurt her back lifting boxes. She has been off work for several weeks. We have been counting her absence against her FMLA entitlement. She was scheduled to return to work recently, but she now tells us the healing will take longer than expected. December is our busiest time of the year! Must we continue giving her leave?
- Employees who don't meet whistle-blower law requirements still have legal protection
- What Obama administration's second term means for employers
- 8 keys to effective performance appraisal
- Get all facts straight before deciding to discharge
- Make sure employment contract language spells out employees' 'at will' status