As the impact of the global economic crisis filters down from Wall Street to office cube farms and shop floors, HR professionals will find their expertise in greater and greater demand. Unfortunately, you may have to spend much of your time on the least pleasant of all HR tasks—planning and executing layoffs and other staff cutbacks.
At HR Specialist, we’re committed to giving you the tools that can make that hard work a little easier. Below, you’ll find links to many of the articles, white papers and guides we offer on managing downsizing and dealing with the aftermath.
Handling layoffs the right way
- Prepare layoff rationale before handing out the pink slips
- As economic route turns rough, beware these 4 RIF potholes
- How to write a legally safe layoff letter
- Severance: Say goodbye on good terms when forced to downsize
Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act compliance
Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) compliance
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) compliance
Dealing with the aftermath
- Prevent 'Survivor syndrome': Avoid turnover after layoffs
- How to manage pay-for-performance in today's harsh new business environment
Alternatives to layoffs