The EEOC has filed a lawsuit against a Sonic drive-in restaurant located in Kingwood, alleging that several female teen employees were subjected to sexual harassment.
According to the complaint, a member of the owner’s family was put in ajob where he allegedly harassed young female employees and urged other young male employees to follow his lead. The lawsuit says teens were picked up and dumped into the kitchen sink, were fired after they rejected the manager’s advances and were otherwise harassed.
Final note: One of the EEOC’s primary enforcement initiatives focuses on protecting young employees from sexual harassment on what are probably their first jobs.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Is every function really essential? Be flexible about disabled employees' duties
- Former NYPD diver files race bias lawsuit
- Have you lost your touch?
- Office Organizer: Small biz tips on file organizing, record retention and email management