You don’t have to ignore a sudden and shocking deterioration in an employee’s performance and behavior. You can and should ask for a fitness-for-duty exam. Just be prepared to discuss possible accommodations if it turns out the employee is disabled.
Recent case: Marion Crews worked for Dow Chemical in the HR office and was expected to transfer to a position with Dow in Europe. However,
Crews’ supervisor observed that Crews was unable to formulate organized arguments about topics she understood, discussed improper topics during meetings, missed or failed to reschedule meeti...(register to read more)
- Apply 'fashion police' rules evenly to avoid discrimination complaints
- Creating an effective blog policy to limit employer liability
- Job background check must comply with Fair Credit Reporting Act
- School system tends to new teachers' personal needs
- If an employee is injured at a company picnic, would that be covered by workers' comp?