You don’t have to ignore a sudden and shocking deterioration in an employee’s performance and behavior. You can and should ask for a fitness-for-duty exam. Just be prepared to discuss possible accommodations if it turns out the employee is disabled.
Recent case: Marion Crews worked for Dow Chemical in the HR office and was expected to transfer to a position with Dow in Europe. However,
Crews’ supervisor observed that Crews was unable to formulate organized arguments about topics she understood, discussed improper topics during meetings, missed or failed to reschedule meeti...(register to read more)
- General Assembly weighs anti-gay discrimination law
- Bias against German cop costs Chicago $30,000
- Central Valley fast food firm forks over $100K for bias
- Employee out on FMLA leave? You can still insist on following call-in policy
- Adopt an anti-harassment policy and plan—before workplace malice gets out of hand