In response to damage caused by Hurricane Ike, the IRS, the U.S. Department of Labor’sSecurity Administration and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation have issued a federal notice allowing leeway for compliance with requirements.
The notice (No. 2008-87) provides flexibility on meeting the usual filing deadlines forwhose normal administrative operations in Texas were disrupted by Hurricane Ike.
The additional relief was authorized under tax code Section 7508A(b) and applies only to employeeaffected by an event declared a federal disaster, such as Hurricane Ike.
The notice covers Texas counties in which employeeoffices, plan sponsors, administrators or participants were located or resided as of Sept. 7, 2008. These include Brazoria, Chambers, Galveston, Harris, Jefferson, Liberty, Montgomery and Orange counties.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- DOL clarifies age for continuing coverage for employees' adult children
- Employ 'Casual' Workers? Stem Discrimination Lawsuits by Tracking Assignments You Offer
- Hug or a handshake: Which does your workplace embrace?
- GM takes VEBA for a test drive