Need legal info on the ins and outs of hiring temps? A handbook from the National Association of Temporary Staffing Services, a nonprofit trade group, covers such legal issues as workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, employment taxes and wage and hour issues. To order Co-Employment: Employer Liability Issues and Third Party Staffing Arrangements, call (703) 549-6287. The cost is $20 plus shipping and handling.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Form I-9: What should I do if employee's documentation has discrepancies?
- Hire workers through temp agencies? Be alert for religious accommodation issues
- IRS refuses to accept Wandry clauses
- Romance at the office, liability later?