Need legal info on the ins and outs of hiring temps? A handbook from the National Association of Temporary Staffing Services, a nonprofit trade group, covers such legal issues as workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, employment taxes and wage and hour issues. To order Co-Employment: Employer Liability Issues and Third Party Staffing Arrangements, call (703) 549-6287. The cost is $20 plus shipping and handling.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Obama's executive action will affect tech employers
- Beware: Employees don't have to meet EEOC deadline in race discrimination cases
- OSHA cites grain processing plant
- EEOC issues new mandatory poster highlighting GINA