A You’re right. It’s perfectly fine to negotiate any and all job offers, regardless of your level of seriousness early on. Even if you’re sure you won’t accept the job under any circumstances, you never know what will occur in the final negotiating stage. An employer may offer you a higher-level post or make it impossible for you to say no. And every time you discuss job offers, you can practice negotiating. Employers realize that a certain number of candidates won’t accept job offers for whatever reason. That’s part of the game.
- Bias against applicants who never apply? Ruling in case involving criminal background checks
- Thought hiring a lawyer would cost too much, huh?
- You'd think they'd know better
- Screening candidates: To Google or not to Google?
- Don't assume casual laborers are contractors—and don't neglect workers' comp insurance