A It's a good idea to have a holiday policy that requires employees to actually work the days before and after a holiday in order to qualify for holiday pay. Such policies effectively discourage employees from calling in sick the day before a holiday to create a four-day weekend. However, these policies must include an exception stating that employees will not be disqualified from receiving holiday pay due to absences occasioned by qualifying leave or an ADA disability.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can manager ask about worker's reason for FMLA?
- No liability if psych patient cleared to work
- Gas pains: Implemented properly, telecommuting can be win-Win
- Remind employees: FMLA doesn't promise reinstatement if leave extends beyond 12 weeks