A It's a good idea to have a holiday policy that requires employees to actually work the days before and after a holiday in order to qualify for holiday pay. Such policies effectively discourage employees from calling in sick the day before a holiday to create a four-day weekend. However, these policies must include an exception stating that employees will not be disqualified from receiving holiday pay due to absences occasioned by qualifying leave or an ADA disability.
- You don't have to accept after-the-fact proof of FMLA leave
- Get ready for more changes as the DOL launches a study of how employees use the FMLA
- Check state law before firing victim of a stalker
- Don't cave to telecommuting request if it won't allow disabled employee to do job
- Spa manager's personal style rubbed staff the wrong way